Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Timeline update


In case you didn't realise, I am currently working on improving the timeline for the match reports. It's not finished yet but I like to provide updates every now and again. 

The first thing I need to do is actually log the match details in the database.  Once I have done this I can add the data to the screen reports. I have provided an example of where I am at below and you will see it contains all shots, both on and off target, alongside the data that was previously there (goals and substitutions). The below is actually a genuine match that was played earlier this week and so you will be able to view this once I put it live.


My next challenge is to include yellow and red cards into this timeline - it should give managers a better idea of how their game went because at the moment they just know a red card occurred in a game with no idea if it was in the first ten minutes or at the end of the game. I need to store these times in the database first though so don't expect it too quickly. I may, however, put the current timeline live sometime before I add cards just to show improvements to those who don't read this blog.

No comments:

Post a comment